Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snatched


This is not about the Brad Pitt movie but what I experienced one Saturday night (Jan.23, 2010). I really have another thing in my mind for my next blog but this incident happened. Pardon me for not following my theme this time.


Here I am, trying uplift the image if Pinoys and cite the traits we can proud of but unfortunately, reality bites. There really isn’t a perfect community. Of course, it’s not true that ours is a land of thieves but there really are people who would taint our image and doesn’t really value the consequences of their actions.

Let this be a lesson to all commuters. What pisses me of is that I’m already aware of this tactics but lose that idea in that moment. So in a bus when you’re about to exit, be mindful of the people around you specially when someone in front had second thought of not going out (of the bus), the moment that happens, someone’s hand is sneaking in your things.

Right after I landed out of the bus (landed talaga), in a matter of less than 1 minute, I realized people surrounded me. I frisked my pocket. Checked my wallet, ATM and I can’t locate my phone. That happened in a matter of seconds. They’re a pro. So swift that you wouldn’t notice or feel that evil deed. I hope they would not burn in hell because I know they’re doing this to a lot of people.

I even called the attention of the person beside me when I’m about to exit the bus (one of those who surrounded me). I told him I lost my phone and asked to give it back. He told me the man in red is the pickpocket and that I don’t have any proof of the accusation. Yeah, sure you’re part of the group. What a way to temporarily fill-in their tummies.

I immediately went to the Sun office and had my number blocked. Good thing I could still retain my number, bad that I lost my contacts, my songs (pc was reformatted twice) and some details.

I posted in Facebook/Friendster about the incident and if by chance someone contacts them with my name/no. not to easily believe. Somehow their detail (number) was also stolen.

I hope this would be controlled and these people would realize the real value of hardwork.

Again to everyone, Ingat. I hope the bill below would have a bigger impact

http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2007/1106_gordon1.asp
Press ReleaseNovember 6, 2007
SENATE APPROVED GORDON'S ANTI-CELLPHONE SNATCHING BILL

0 comments: